Our volunteer program is essential in helping meet our mission of supporting our community. We have never lost sight of the fact that our organization was started on the backs of volunteer citizens that found a need to protect their families, friends, and business from fire.
Marion County Fire District No. 1 offers numerous volunteer opportunities at multiple levels of involvement. While most of the volunteer positions are tied to emergency response roles, some of our volunteer positions are non-emergency related. If you are interested in helping your community and volunteering your time, we have a spot for you.
Here is a glance at the volunteer positions:
- Operations Support Volunteer
- Fire & Life Safety Volunteer
- Tender Operator
- Volunteer Firefighter
- Volunteer Wildland Firefighter
- Emergency medical Responder (Basic, Intermediate, and Paramedic)
- Driver Positions (Apparatus Operator, Engineer)
Please view our Volunteer Opportunities page for more information about Volunteering with MCFD No. 1