Marion County Fire District #1 employs career Single Role EMT/Paramedics.
This position is a full time position assigned to a 48/96 hour work schedule at an assigned station on an ALS ambulance and includes a benefit package including PERS/OPSRP retirement plan and health care.
While the minimum qualification includes Oregon certification as an EMT; Paramedics and Intermediate/Advanced EMT’s with field experience will be given preference.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- Possession of an Oregon driver’s license or out-of-state license with the ability to obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license within 90 days
- NFPA Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator (Driver) or current/active historically recognized equivalent or EVOC course completion and completion of NFPA Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator (Driver) certification within 1 year of appointment.
- Oregon EMT, Oregon Advanced EMT, Oregon EMT Intermediate, or Oregon
If no Oregon certification, must have other state or national certification with the ability to obtain Oregon reciprocity within 90 days of hire.
- Preference will be given to applicants with an Associate Degree in Paramedicine; (Or, if other relevant higher education degrees are obtained and submitted, the Fire Chief or his designee will review and evaluate educational achievements consistent with the job description for approval in lieu of the Associate’s Degree in Paramedicine; OR, any combination of work experience and certifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities) relevant to the position as determined by the Fire Chief or his designee).
- NFPA Fire and Emergency Services Instructor I or current/active historically recognized equivalent
- NIMS IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, and IS-800 course completions.
- NFPA Hazardous Materials Awareness or current/active historically recognized equivalent.
- ACLS Certified
- PALS or PEPP Certified.
- One year of field experience in a similarly sized agency